David H. Brock, AAGO
David H. Brock started his professional musical career at age 11, as a treble chorister in the Washington National Cathedral Choir of Men and Boys (1972-1976), under the direction of Paul Callaway. Among his numerous memorable experiences, he sang solos at the White House, the John F. Kennedy Center, and on national television from the Cathedral. David continued his studies at Swarthmore College, with Robert Smart (organ and accompanying), and Gerald Levinson (composition). From 2001-2007 David served as Director of Music and Organist at St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church, Incline Village, Nevada. In 2004, David was awarded an Associate Certificate of the American Guild of Organists (AAGO). A life-long learner, he continues his organ studies with Dr. Roger Nyquist.
David is organist at St. John’s Presbyterian Church, Reno, Nevada. David is the organist and continuo accompanist for TOCCATA, the Tahoe Symphony Orchestra, based in Nevada. Recent performances include Handel Messiah, Bach St. Matthew Passion, Mendelssohn Elijah, Requiems of Brahms, Mozart, and Faure, and all 6 Organ Concerti Opus 4 of Handel.
David Brock maintains an active organ recital and accompanying schedule throughout the United States. Recent recitals appearances have included Washington National Cathedral, Princeton University Chapel, St. Thomas Church New York City, the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles, National City Christian Church, Washington DC. David has also appeared with the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra, Virginia, in performances of the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony, and the Mozart Requiem.
David Brock is a signed artist with A. W. Tonegold Records. His 8th and most recent CD is “Reflections – Organ Concerti of 3 Centuries” featuring the Josef Rheinberger Organ Concerto #1 in F major for Organ, Strings and 3 Horns, the Leo Sowerby Classic Concerto for Organ and Strings, and George Frideric Handel Concerto Op. 4, #4 in F Major for Organ, Strings, Oboes and Basso Continuo. All 3 concerti are available for digital download through iTunes, Amazon.com, and other outlets. Also available for digital download are David’s first two albums.
- David H. Brock (2001) organ – J. S. Bach – Schübler Chorales, J. Langlais – Neuf Pieces
- For Thou Art With Me (2005) – Howells, Karg-Elert, Langlais, Messiaen, Praetorius, Sowerby.
- Taste of TOCCATA v. 1 (2008) – w/ TOCCATA – incl. Handel Organ Concerto Op. 4 #3
- A Baroque Christmas (2009) – w/ TOCCATA orchestra/chorus – organ, harpsichord continuo
- Mozart Requiem (2010) – w/ TOCCATA orchestra and chorus – organ
- Going Baroque (2011) – w/TOCCATA – organ, harpsichord – Handel Organ Concert Op.4 #2
- Handel Messiah selections (2013) – w/TOCCATA – organ, harpsichord
- Reflections (2015) – Organ Concerti of 3 Centuries: Handel, Sowerby, Rheinberger
More information about David H. Brock, including upcoming concerts and music clips from past concerts and recordings, may be found at www.davidbrockmusic.com.